Hi,

On Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:27:51 AM UTC+2, arif wrote:

> 1) un-rooted devices applications do not have permissions to run
> /system/bin binaries, so you need to root you device and change the access
> permission for /system/bin.
>
> 2) The proper-way is, create shared library of your native code, and call
> it from application using JNI. (Using NDK, refer ndk sample codes for the
> same)

You still will have to declare using the android.permission.DIAGNOSTIC
permission to get access to kernel input layer(via input group).
and this will not work on non rooted devices. I don't think there is an
other way to access the raw events in 2.2

Perhaps putting a default pointerfile in the system and running a standard
android app to get the magic points is the "easy" way of getting there. Keep
in mind that restive touch screen support is not standard so hacked in by
somebody else.

there are also patches( from nitdroid I believe) that actually don't use
tslib while still providing pointercal file calibration.