well it has been a few days and no-one else posted on this so i will
give you what i think

just 20+ minutes ago i was reading where we are still running on a few
versions back then closer to the front we have people trying to code
4.0 with no sources released then yesterday we get it that they are
moving pointers around on us in 4.0 ~ even if you are a deep kernel
expert you have no way to insure that the shop that shipped the vend
even complied with  Android Compatibility Definition Document (CDD)
let alone something deep in code we have not seen

with only a few clicks one can see that Target Devices -> Platform
Versions -> Current Distribution is 2.3.3 & 2.2 holding a strong 80-%
so that is what I will build to and test for as usually 80% of the
market results in most bugs done and over with

looks like Stagefright is 2.2 = I am going to go watch the video ...