hi,

surfaceflinger composes frame buffer from all the  surfaces published
by apps and gui.. but when it comes to video buffers, few platforms
chose to compose it at display h/w  level for better functionality,

movie player app would've already blanked and set transparency for
video frame area, thats why we see blank portions.

if u might check u can find /dev/video devices, over which video
buffers will be posted to display driver, via overlay from stagefright
video player driver..

this part cant be captured from user side readily, but with exposing
video buffers,it can be processed too for snapshot.,

On 11/10/11, Girish <htgir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks for clarification.
>
> So who does the final rendering after merging ? Is it user
> accessible ? As per my initial understanding the merging happens in
> surface flinger and given to frame buffer. But i was wrong.
>
> Kindly clarify.
>
> Regards
> Girish

Regards,