Hi,

Please take a look at:
http://source.android.com/tech/input/input-device-configuration-files.html
There are some other related pages that are very useful for debugging
input events.

Also are you sure that you are getting the touch events from the
driver?
You can check this by using getevent as described in:
http://source.android.com/tech/input/getevent.html

If you are indeed getting the touch events, then fixing the issue
would not be so difficult.
It could be something like renaming your idc file (I hope!)
If you are not seeing the live events from your touch device, you
might have to take a look at your driver (Although, since you are
using your GB kernel this is probably ok)

Good luck!