Hi experts.

I've started a new project about porting AOSP (2.3.6 for the time being) to
a tablet which I own. I have created the git repositories and a discussion
group as well for this project:

https://github.com/ffxx68
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/renesas-emev-osp

I know that in order to complete such a project I need the hardware drivers
in the kernel as well as the HAL for Android. The Renesas EMMA EV2 Kernel
was made publicly available, but for a Development Board. So it needs
adaptation to my tablet hardware. For that, as as well as for the HAL, I
can luckily count on the help of people who have contributed to the
development of the platform, who can provide hints and already helped
checking in the LCD and touchscreen code.

Now I'm coming to the more Android-build specific tasks, which I'm not an
expert about and I'd appreciate the help from you as well.

My first point is: I've created a device/renesas/emev directory under the
AOSP structure (find it in GitHub), with some device-specific makefiles,
but I'm not sure if I have done all I should to build for the emulator, or
the real device. For example, I can't find as the outcome of the build, the
init.<device>.rc. Is this mandatory? Should I provide the same?

Any other help or contribution is welcome!

 thanks
 Fabio