Something I don't understand, which probably someone here can help clarify,
is the following:

I have my HAL implementations under:

 hardware/renesas/emev

and all have a target path defined in the same way:

 grep LOCAL_MODULE_PATH */Android.mk

libcopybit/Android.mk:LOCAL_MODULE_PATH := $(TARGET_OUT_SHARED_LIBRARIES)/hw
libgralloc/Android.mk:LOCAL_MODULE_PATH := $(TARGET_OUT_SHARED_LIBRARIES)/hw
liblights/Android.mk:LOCAL_MODULE_PATH := $(TARGET_OUT_SHARED_LIBRARIES)/hw
liboverlay/Android.mk:LOCAL_MODULE_PATH := $(TARGET_OUT_SHARED_LIBRARIES)/hw

But, the outcome of the build has moved only "liblights" under the epxected
dir (./system/lib/hw), while the rest is not in the right place:

 cd  out/target/product/emev/
 find . -name "*emxx*"

./root/lib/modules/emxxlfb.ko
./obj/lib/copybit.emxx.so
./obj/lib/gralloc.emxx.so
./obj/lib/overlay.emxx.so
./obj/lib/lights.emxx.so
./obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/copybit.emxx_intermediates
./obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/copybit.emxx_intermediates/LINKED/copybit.emxx.so
./obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/gralloc.emxx_intermediates
./obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/gralloc.emxx_intermediates/LINKED/gralloc.emxx.so
./obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/lights.emxx_intermediates
./obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/lights.emxx_intermediates/LINKED/lights.emxx.so
./obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/overlay.emxx_intermediates
./obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/overlay.emxx_intermediates/LINKED/overlay.emxx.so
./system/lib/hw/lights.emxx.so
./symbols/system/lib/hw/copybit.emxx.so
./symbols/system/lib/hw/gralloc.emxx.so
./symbols/system/lib/hw/overlay.emxx.so