Let me simplify my request, it should be easier.
Forget the touchscreen, let's focus on th epandaboard only.
By default, the user buttom is programmed in the kernel to KEY_HOME:

static struct gpio_keys_button panda_gpio_keys_buttons[] = {
[0] = {
.code = KEY_HOME,
.gpio = 113,
.desc = "user_button",
.active_low = 1,
.debounce_interval = 5,}

This is done in the kernel file arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap4panda.c

KEY_HOME indicates that when pressing the buttom, you directly go to the
Home page, and it can also switch on the screen if it was off.

Now I would like to modify it in order to have the same features than on
many phones: a buttom to control the screen state, switching from SCREEN ON
to SCREEN OFF.

I tried to  change KEY_HOME to KEY_SCREEN or KEY_POWER, but no effect.

If someone has the solution, I would really appreciate !