Hello community.

I am porting Android 4.4 to OMAP4 platform.

It was discovered that Android 4.4 has bigger power consumption that
Android 4.3.

After some investigation I found out that DispSync model does a lot of
calculation on CPU.

 For example, in case of videoplayback I got next results:

   1.

   DispSync generates ~60 CPU interruption per second. It's ~15% of all CPU
   interruptions.
   2.

   I changed HWC HAL to pass empty display retire fences to SurfaceFlinger
   and DispSync. It led to disable DispSync model and hardware vsync. And I
   got reduce by ~30% time when CPU works on high frequency.

 All data was collected by omapconf tool on SoC OMAP4470.

 This means that when use DispSync model power consumption on CPU is
increased and as a result we have higher power consumption on SoC and on
the whole device.

 I can't find information why DispSync was added(except commit message in
repository). Maybe i was searching not good enough.

 Please tell me about advantages of DispSync model.

 Also, is it possible to disable this model?

I've tried to send empty display retire fences and change define
RUNNING_WITHOUT_SYNC_FRAMEWORK, but I still got additional CPU
interruptions.

 With best regards,

Maksym.