On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 6:08:32 AM UTC-7, Maksym Kreshchuk wrote:

> During video playback hardware vsync enables 10-30 times per minute.
> Is it normal value?

I don't know if there's a "normal".  The DispSync code enables hardware
VSYNC whenever it believes it is getting too far out of sync.  If the
display's refresh timing tends to vary a lot then DispSync will enable
hardware VSYNC frequently.

(Ideally the panel would be able to generate events with a fixed time
offset from VSYNC.  Without that, we have to fake it in software.)

> Also I am interesting how to calculate values for
> defines(PRESENT_TIME_OFFSET_FROM_VSYNC_NS, VSYNC_EVENT_PHASE_OFFSET_NS and
> SF_VSYNC_EVENT_PHASE_OFFSET_NS)?
> Are there some recommended values for these defines?

You can leave VSYNC_EVENT_PHASE_OFFSET_NS
and SF_VSYNC_EVENT_PHASE_OFFSET_NS at zero.  If you want to experiment, you
can try the Nexus 5 values
(https://android.googlesource.com/device/lge/hammerhead/+/kitkat-release/BoardConfig.mk):

VSYNC_EVENT at 7.5ms, SF_VSYNC_EVENT at 5ms.

The PRESENT_TIME_OFFSET_FROM_VSYNC_NS can be determined experimentally;
it's the difference between the hardware VSYNC time and the display retire
fence time.  Most devices use 0, but Nexus 7 (2013) uses 3.2ms
(https://android.googlesource.com/device/asus/flo/+/kitkat-release/BoardConfigCommon.mk).