On Friday, May 2, 2014 1:03:30 PM UTC+5:30, Daniel Meer wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a BeagleBone Black which runs the AOSP 4.4.2 (instead of Rowboat).
> Now I want to add a Bluetooth module over UART.
>
> What I've done so far:
> - Create my own libbt-vendor.so
> - Added following lines to the BoardConfig.mk
>   BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH := true
>   BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH_BFH := true
>
> Where I'm stuck:
> The Board doesn't seem to have Bluetooth enabled. When I was looking
> through the logcat output, I got following line:
> I/SystemServer(  392): No Bluetooh Service (emulator)
>
> After some searching, I found the problem in SystemServer.java:
>             // Skip Bluetooth if we have an emulator kernel
>             // TODO: Use a more reliable check to see if this product
> should
>             // support Bluetooth - see bug 988521
>             if (SystemProperties.get("ro.kernel.qemu").equals("1")) {
>                 Slog.i(TAG, "No Bluetooh Service (emulator)");
>             } else if (factoryTest == SystemServer.FACTORY_TEST_LOW_LEVEL)
> {
>                 Slog.i(TAG, "No Bluetooth Service (factory test)");
>             } else if (!context.getPackageManager().hasSystemFeature
>                        (PackageManager.FEATURE_BLUETOOTH)) {
>                 Slog.i(TAG, "No Bluetooth Service (Bluetooth Hardware Not
> Present)");
>             } else if (disableBluetooth) {
>                 Slog.i(TAG, "Bluetooth Service disabled by config");
>             } else {
>                 Slog.i(TAG, "Bluetooth Manager Service");
>                 bluetooth = new BluetoothManagerService(context);
>
> ServiceManager.addService(BluetoothAdapter.BLUETOOTH_MANAGER_SERVICE,
> bluetooth);
>             }
>
> I have set ro.kernel.qemu to 1 because I need to turn off hardware
> accelerated graphics. I get an error, if I use the graphics driver.
>
> Therefore I commented out the first if statement. Now I get following line
> with logcat:
> I/SystemServer(  392): No Bluetooth Service (Bluetooth Hardware Not
> Present)
>
> So the system still thinks, that Bluetooth is not enabled. Did I forget to
> enable something? I hope someone can give me some pointers.

Is the following file present in your device?
system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.bluetooth.xml

If not modify your device.mk to copy this file over.
e.g:

   1. PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
   2.
frameworks/native/data/etc/android.hardware.bluetooth.xml:system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.bluetooth.xml

-Vishveshwar