Hello,

I am porting Android 4.3 to a device that does not have WiFi or a
traditional Ethernet interface. We are using a Gadget CDC USB ethernet
interface.

Getting general IP communications working was easy enough. I can ping using
an IP address. It even works correctly with a gateway.

The current problem is getting named to resolve over the usb interface.
Nothing seems to make a difference. Here is what has been tried:

   - - configuration of static IP using ifconfig
   - - configuration of default gateway with 'busybox route'
   - - setprop dhcp.usb0.dns1,dns2,ipaddress,gateway,….
   - - ndc resolver flushif usb0, ndc resolver flushdefaultif, ndc resolver
   setifdns usb0 <dnsip>, ndc resolver setdefaultif usb0
   - - cleared all the rules from iptables

It seems to be impossible to get named to use this interface. We even
renamed tried renaming usb0 to eth0 in the kernel sources.

Help!?

Thanks

Allen