Thank you

I tried adding to my init.d script the command you suggested but it still
did not work.

As for usb debug console, if you can point me to a guide with more
information I would be very grateful.

For the serial cable I would need to order one, do you suggest any in
particular?
Until then, I will try to figure some other way of debugging boot up issues

Thank you once again