Hi Sooraj. Thanks for sharing your codes.

I think your code just need the uevent.{hardware}.rc part:

/dev/ttymxc* 0666 root root

which its the same as:

adb shell
su
chown root:root /dev/ttyXXX
chmod +rw /dev/ttyXXX

except that the .rc part is permanent after each reboot.
So the init.{hardware}.rc part is not necessary. Besides, your chown is
wrong, it should be with "root:root" instead of "root root".

Anyway, the problem persist if you don't put "setenforce 0" as you
mentioned me in your gtalk msg: "Though i did set selinux to permissive for
testing".

Thanks for the example apps too.

Have a nice day all.

Rolando.