Hi Dave McLaughlin,
First i think you need to check device driver for wifi usb in your kernel.
It seems it is not work.
st1. you can check it with below command :
$ ifconfig -a
$ifconfig up $yourinterface
If this shows your wifi interface and you can up/down your wifi network
interfacem you can continue to the step 2 :

st2. Android uses wpa supplicant tool to control wifi operation ( connects
to a wifi network, scan ...)
so you don't need to enable Android wifi HAL to check this feature.
instead of this, you can use some tools in wpa supplicant package to check
the operation of your device driver.
If it works fine go to step 3:

st3.
Enable Wifi HAL, WPA supplicant. Usually this part not different so much
between devices.
But it have some modifications to support some specify feature or fixing
some specific issue on a device.
About this part, you should need support from Vendor or you can debug it
step by step.

Thanks,
Vu Tran

Vào Th 3, 7 thg 1, 2020 vào lúc 01:41 Dave McLaughlin <
davemclaughli...@gmail.com> đã viết: