Before people start leaving this list in droves, I figured I'd share
another Trance story.  (Hey, this is a WAKE UP CALL!)

Dylan got caught up ferrying refugees to a new planet and he needed
to make some extra room on the Andromeda. So he asked Trance to spend
some time on a local drift until he finished the task of moving the
refugees. "But this drift has very little food," Trance pointed out.
"What will I eat?"

"Well, just ask the local business people to share their
complimentary fruit with you," Dylan said after thinking about her
dilemma for a while.

So, Andromeda took off and Trance settled into the drift. When she
got hungry she went down to the promenade to beg for food. But, being
the Cosmically Terrifying Babe that she was, as soon as Trance
approached any of the stores, they would close up shop.

The only shop which didn't close down was a bar. So Trance walked
into the bar and asked the bartender if he had any fruit.

"Nope," he said. "Just booze."

So Trance went back to her room and sulked. When she got hungrier she
went back to the bar. "Have you got any fruit?" she asked.

"No," the bartender said. "We don't have any fruit."

Trance left again. The next morning she woke up really hungry, so she
went back to the bar and asked the bartender if he had any fruit.

"I told you yesterday," he said. "We don't have any fruit."

Trance left the bar and wandered around the promenade. Later in the
day she got tired of being hungry and went back to the bar. "Do you
have any fruit?" she asked.

Now the bartender got really angry. He threw his hands up in disgust
and yelled, "NO! We don't have any fruit! And if you ask me that
again, I'll nail your feet to the floor!"

So Trance went back to her room and tried to forget how hungry she
was by sleeping. In the morning, when she woke up, Trance was really
starving. So she went back to the bar and asked the bartender, "Do
you have any nails?"

"No," he said with a deep sigh.

"Good. Do you have any fruit?"