Hi,

Since most of the infrastructure (lockdown file, autobuilder, etc) is in
place now, we can start preparing for the release of angstrom 2007.x.

My proposed target date is the 20071220, so we can get it out before the
developers get too busy with x-mas and birthdays of various core members  :)

A long time ago we made a rough plan on how to do the release, so here
it is for review:

1) make a list of machines we can support *now*[1]
2) have mentors gather reports on how well various images work[4]
3) update (or add) install instructions for those to the angstrom
website (not wiki)[2]

when that's done, we get to infrastructure:

4) branch of metadata into e.g org.angstrom-distribution.2007-release-branch
5) point feed configs to the release location [3]
6) create a list of packages people want in the feeds and have the
autobuilder build them for all archs
7) have the autobuilder build the combination supported images and
machines as RCx
8) have people test images
9) fix bugs, goto 7 :)
10) release

As you see, the plan needs everyone of us to chip in at various stages,
so we need a broad consensus on how to move forward. So, your input is
*very* needed.

And we still need a formal releaseteam for this release. I'm low on time
the coming month, but luckily people were jumping up and down to get
into the coreteam, so they can handle everything from now on.

regards,

Koen

[1] We can add additional machines and images later on when possible
[2] send a mail to angstrom-distro-coreteam if you want access to the
website
[3]
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/angstrom-distro-devel/2007-April/000194.html
[4] I'd like to delay the support of opie to after the release to avoid
having another set of problems for the release; see remark [1]

- --
[EMAIL PROTECTED] will go go away in december 2007, please
use [EMAIL PROTECTED] instead.