Hello Ashley,

Thursday, December 20, 2007, 7:58:47 AM, you wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Jacob Thebault-Spieker wrote:
>> I did volunteer, but I didn't know I was officially a mentor. I've been
>> looking through the bug reports, but I'm not sure I have the coding
>> skills to fix them. On the most recent images in the autobuild, the
>> collie won't even boot. It hangs about halfway through, and I didn't
>> recognize any of the boot messages.

> The device does boot, but yes, about halfway (judging by the progress bar on
> the splashscreen) it hangs. Is there some simple key combo to get rid of the
> splash screen so I can see what's going on underneath? (I don't have a serial
> cable).

  Recently (2 weeks ago) there was added a timeout to hide
splashscreen after 2 minutes, if it hasn't gone naturally yet. If it
is on screen after that time, it means that busybox sh is on not in
control during that hang (i.e. it locked up "in kernel" or in
hardware).

  We also have FAQ which says how to disable splashscreen altogether
and other interesting things: http://linuxtogo.org/gowiki/AngstromFaq

[]

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]