Koen Kooi wrote:
> +1 under one condition: remove the merge_feeds crap from opie image
> recipes. Opie has no business poking in operating system files that are
> under packagemanagement. Furthermore, /etc/ipkg/* will be re-populated
> once people do 'ipkg upgrade', so you're back to square one.

Actually this is the first time I'm aware of such behaviour, and at face
value I would have to agree with you in that it should not be doing the
merging - if Opie-aqpkg has a problem here then it ought to be fixed
itself rather than trying to work around it using this hack.

However, if I am not mistaken this might have something to do with
allowing users to easily enable/disable feeds. Of course we could
accomplish the same thing without having to have the files merged
together, but arguably if it shouldn't be modifying those files at build
time then it shouldn't be doing it any time afterwards either. If users
legitimately want/need to do that though then we have a bit of a conflict.
Given Angstrom's feed structure is this something you now consider
unnecessary?

For now I am happy to just do as you say and rip out that stuff from
opie-image.bb. I will prepare a patch for that this weekend if nobody else
gets to it before me.

Cheers,
Paul