On Friday 28 January 2011 10:09:15 am Koen Kooi wrote:
> On 28-01-11 08:25, Caglar Akyuz wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm compiling Angstrom 2010.x against commit:
> >
> >  commit d10ef750c59ee954c11a8edd0e278f99dbf2816a
> >  Author: Khem Raj <raj.k...@gmail.com>
> >  Date:   Mon Jan 24 01:06:08 2011 -0800
> >
> > Machine is custom one based on davinci-dm6446, ARM core is 926ej-s. C
> > library and compilers are the Angstrom default(eglibc, gcc 4.5.3). Kernel
> > version is 2.6.37-rc7.
> >
> > When I booted into my filesystem, I do the following:
> >
> > $cp /dev/zero /dev/fb0
> > $fbset
> >
> > And fbset gives the following error:
> >
> >  fbset: FBIOGET_VSCREENINFO: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> >
> > Framebuffer is not working as expected as well. Same error is occuring
> > when I try to run Qt4 applications.
> >
> > I tackled this issue a bit and I see that ioctl parameters are not passed
> > correctly to the kernel. It seems like this is not a driver issue. IMHO,
> > there is a corruption somewhere. I searched bugzilla and found nothing
> > but [1]. The same kernel works as normal when compiled against Angstrom
> > stable(with the corresponding filesystem)
>
> That sounds like a linux-libc-headers issue, could you try changing the
> PREFERRED_VERSION_linux_libc_headers so something newer? There's a
> 2.6.37 recipe present.

I added following to my local.conf:

 LINUX_LIBC_HEADERS_VERSION = "2.6.37"

and then rebuilt the whole packages (after "rm -rf tmp/"). Unfortunately
result is same. Either I'm doing something wrong somewhere or eglibc + gcc 4.5
+ 2.6.37 config is broken.

Now I'm building all with following in my config:

 ANGSTROMLIBC = "glibc"
 ANGSTROM_GCC_VERSION = "4.4"

I'll report the results.

Regards,