2011/1/30 Caglar Akyuz <caglarak...@gmail.com>:

>> > When I booted into my filesystem, I do the following:
>> >
>> > $cp /dev/zero /dev/fb0
>>
>> Do you have /dev/fb0 before doing this? If not this will create plain
>> file /dev/fb0 which cause your following error.
>>

> Yes I have the device node. Besides, calling 'fbset' prior to copy operation
> works as expected. However, after copy operation device node is overwritten:

Can you explain what purpose is of doing cp /dev/zero /dev/fb0?

> root@jd:~# ls -l /dev/fb*
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root      48766976 Jan  1 00:00 /dev/fb0
> crw-------    1 root     root       29,   1 Jan  1 00:00 /dev/fb1
> crw-------    1 root     root       29,   2 Jan  1 00:00 /dev/fb2
> crw-------    1 root     root       29,   3 Jan  1 00:00 /dev/fb3
>
> How can this be possible?

Well.. cp is just copying files. You may understand /dev/zero as
'special' endless zero-filled file.
If you are trying to fill /dev/fb0 with zeroes, then may be "cat
/dev/zero > /dev/fb0" or "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/fb0 conv=nocreat"
may be better idea.

--
Yury Bushmelev