On 01.07.2011 08:49, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Op 27 jun 2011, om 17:43 heeft Steffen Sledz het volgende geschreven:
>
>> I tried to make an Ångström build using the oebb.sh from the oe-core branch
>> following the instructions in [1] (hope they are valid for this branch too).
>>
>> MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh config beagleboard
>> MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh update
>>
>> made no problems, but
>>
>> MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh bitbake virtual/kernel
>>
>> resulted in this error
>>
>> ---------->snip<---------------
>> Executing: MACHINE=beagleboard bitbake virtual/kernel
>> Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main
>> build
>> ERROR: Execution of event handler 'check_sanity_eventhandler' failed
>> ERROR:  Poky's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
>>    Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the
>> checker (see sanity.conf).
>>    Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:
>>
>>    You have a 32-bit libc, but no 32-bit headers.  You must install the
>> 32-bit libc headers.
>> ---------->snip<---------------
>>
>> I suppose that the library structure openSUSE is using (/usr/lib for 32bit
>> stuff, /usr/lib64 for 64bit stuff) is the cause. Right? And how can this be
>> fixed?
>
> As the message says: "You must install the 32-bit libc headers."

Just for my understanding, what are they used for?

In my opinion the tools running at the build host (compiler, cross-compiler,
..) should be 64-bit apps. And the apps build for the target should use libc
headers from the oe repos.

Steffen

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany