Hi Matti,

Not sure how useful this will be, but anyway...

When I started to build custom kernels for my Angstrom hx4700 distribution I
very quickly decided that it would be easier to build them by hand, directly
from the command line.

So why not do the same? All you need are the following:

1. The kernel source.
2. The kernel config file.
3. The ARM toolchain, which needs to be in your shell's search path.

Then just build the kernel/drivers as you would for any Linux system, but with
a few extra arguments to cross-compile. So for example, instead of typing "make
oldconfig", you would type something like:

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi- oldconfig

No more fighting the Angstrom build scripts. Heresy perhaps, but it works for
me.

Regards,
Paul