Hi Paul,
Thanks for your reply.

I try to stick in openembedded recipes also with kernel because I am
moving from "ad-hoc" = everything manually  environment to formal
openembedded environment. True is that they need modification if
platform changes. However, all the dependencies should be taken care
of by the recipes. Also all the image building tasks should go
smoothly - that is what I think...

I tried to run the kernel module makefile manually as you suggested.
Original makefile (for much older kernel) did not work only with
updating variables. Rules did not work. After modifications to more
close match to makefile presented in
http://www.kunen.org/uC/beagle/kmodule-test.tar.gz started make
procedure. However, still the compilation did not work correctly.

I quess, this toolchain is somehow corrupted now.

I'll try re-building it.

thanks,
Matti