On 2012-03-07 05:34, Christophe Aeschlimann wrote:
Hi,

On 04.03.2012 13:48, Gary Thomas wrote:

All of the recent images I've built (for beaglebone at least)
fail on boot with these messages:

  Starting Journal Service...
   Failed to start Journal Service
[FAILED]
   See 'systemctl status systemd-journald.service' for details.
   Dependency failed. Aborted start of Getty on tty1
[ ABORT]
   Dependency failed. Aborted start of Serial Getty on ttyO0
[ ABORT]

Since this is a very early-on failure, nothing runs and I can't get in
to run the status command to figure out what's wrong.  Perhaps there is
some way to get more verbose output to the console?  I could edit some
config file, etc, offline an try another boot.

This build was for systemd-image, from a 100% scratch setup,

I'm in the same boat except I get access to the serial terminal in the end.

How long did you have to wait?  My BeagleBone has been sitting at this point
for about 24 hours - I don't think it will ever come out of it ;-)

I'm new to systemd so I have to read a little bit about it. In the
meantime the suggested commands returns :

root@ixppci:~# systemctl status systemd-journald.service
Failed to get D-Bus connection: No connection to service manager.

In the end is dbus running?

My image is a modified version of systemd-image that uses a modified
version of task-basic which doesn't install the connection manager and
avahi. My image had to be smaller than 14MB to fit in a 16MB chip with
the Kernel (~2MB).

I'll keep you informed if I find anything.

Best regards,

Thanks, at least now I know I'm not the only one with problems :-)