On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 01:28:19AM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:

> > Denys> Trying it now...
> >
> > Paul> BTW, buildhistory can now be disabled by just setting
> > Paul> BUILDHISTORY_FEATURES = "" rather than removing the inherit of
> > Paul> the class; this avoids the rebuild.
> >
> > Paul> I would really appreciate it if someone could figure out why
> > Paul> this failure is happening - buildhistory shouldn't be causing
> > Paul> any failures (and doesn't on my machine or indeed the Yocto
> > Paul> Project autobuilders).
> >
> > From manually tracing through run.do_rootfs, it looks like the exit is
> > happening in ipk_log_check() when it grep's for 'ERR' in
> >

> > build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/work/beaglebone-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/systemd-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs
>
> Are you sure it's not the other around? log.do_rootfs is the output of
> run.do_rootfs, why would it grep it?

It's looking for errors like opkg saying that some dependency is missing
etc..

See meta/classes/package_ipk.bbclass:ipk_log_check() {

but I doubt it's that check, because it's grep for
"exit 1" "Collected errors" ERR Fail
and shows reasonable output when it founds something

For me the issue was in:
get_package_filename() {
        info=`opkg-cl ${IPKG_ARGS} info $1 | grep -B 7 -A 7 "^Status.*
\(\(installed\)\|\(unpacked\)\)" || true`
        name=`echo "${info}" | awk '/^Package/ {printf $2"_"}'`

And I have gpsd-udev in BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS (and also removed from RDEPENDS
with
bbappend) and it was calling get_package_filename gpsd-udev and opkg-cl was
returning
empty, so grep returned error and rootfs failed immediately (without any error
output),
but this case works fine with "|| true" now.

Cheers,
--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: martin.ja...@gmail.com