>>> From manually tracing through run.do_rootfs, it looks like the
>>> exit is happening in ipk_log_check() when it grep's for 'ERR' in
>>>
>>> build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/work/beaglebone-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/systemd-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs

>> Are you sure it's not the other around? log.do_rootfs is the output
>> of run.do_rootfs, why would it grep it?

Martin> It's looking for errors like opkg saying that some dependency
Martin> is missing etc..

Martin> See meta/classes/package_ipk.bbclass:ipk_log_check() {

Martin> but I doubt it's that check, because it's grep for "exit 1"
Martin> "Collected errors" ERR Fail and shows reasonable output when
Martin> it founds something

Martin> For me the issue was in: get_package_filename() {
Martin> info=`opkg-cl ${IPKG_ARGS} info $1 | grep -B 7 -A 7 "^Status.*
Martin> \(\(installed\)\|\(unpacked\)\)" || true` name=`echo "${info}"
Martin> | awk '/^Package/ {printf $2"_"}'`

Martin> And I have gpsd-udev in BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS (and also removed
Martin> from RDEPENDS with bbappend) and it was calling
Martin> get_package_filename gpsd-udev and opkg-cl was returning
Martin> empty, so grep returned error and rootfs failed immediately
Martin> (without any error output), but this case works fine with "||
Martin> true" now.

Here is the difference between the no-buildhistory and buildhistory in
the run.do_rootfs:

  https://personaltelco.net/~russell/run.do_rootfs.diff

buildhistory_get_imageinfo() is not implicated, because it never seems
to get that far.  The files it emits are not present in the aftermath.

The order of the some of the functions is different in the
no-buildhistory and buildhistory cases.  E.g. log_check() and
package_generate_ipkg_conf() are reversed, which makes the diff harder
to read.  I have reordered functions to make the diff cleaner here:

  https://personaltelco.net/~russell/run.do_rootfs.diff2

--
Russell Senior, President
russ...@personaltelco.net