De : angstrom-distro-users-boun...@linuxtogo.org
[mailto:angstrom-distro-users-boun...@linuxtogo.org] De la part de Lex Landa
Envoyé : jeudi 5 novembre 2009 22:14
À : angstrom-distro-users@linuxtogo.org
Objet : Re: [Angstrom-distro-users] No WiFi on Angström Live

Hi Luca,

Merciadri Luca wrote:

> However, I do not understand at all how I can use something else than a
> basic terminal, when booting with the liveramdisk: the graphical interface
> is not implemented in the kernel, and it is neither linked with the
> initramfs. Other stuff is only constituted by scripts.

It makes me wonder how the 'boot progress screen' (bootsplash?) is
implemented - the Angstrom logo appears and a meter counts down the time
until the end of the boot sequence.  Looking at the existing X
liveramdisk might be of use.

A while ago on this list, there was a similar live RAM disk environment
that booted into a useful utility 'kit'.  I'm racking my brains, trying
to remember what it was called - 'Ramdisk Rescue', that was it.

http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/RamdiskRescue

Some of the techniques that the author (Marcus Brown) uses could be useful.

> When booting with your .exe, I am asked for a LOGIN and a PASSWORD. What
> should I type?

Login as 'root' - there isn't a password.

> I could appear to be a real beginner to all these things, but I am only
> using Angström for some weeks. (And I am very satisfied.)

Pretty good going for only a few weeks - I was scared silly of Angstrom
when I first saw it - nothing made any sense at all, and it took me
quite some time before I was able to boot it.  This was due to 'user
error' on my part, when setting up HaRET - same old thing!

http://www.student.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~merciadri/docs/papers/Linux-Pocket-
> PC.pdf . I will appreciate any suggestions.

I'll have a look.

Cheers,

Lex.