I realized I could report some of the errors outputted on the screen from
boot up.

I just rebooted the BeagleBoard and here are some errors I noted on reboot:

Configuring networking interfaces... ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
eth0 No such device
usb0 no wireless extensions
run-parts: /etc/udhcpc.d/00avahi-autoipd exited with code 1
hwclock: can't open '/dev/misc/rtc': No such file or directory
Starting advanced power management daemon: No APM support in kernel
 (failed.)
FATAL: Error inserting cmemk
(/lib/modules/2.6.32/kernel/drivers/dsp/cmemk.ko): Bad address

I'm thinking the last error is probably the most significant pertaining to
why GStreamer doesn't work.

--
*W.A. Garrett Weaver *
weav...@email.arizona.edu