Hi,

I am having issues rending charts (directive) when the data to populate the
chart is obtained from a service call using $resource (and $http). The
chart is rendered from a directive in an html view template.

I understand that $resource returns an empty object or array based on the
call type and views will update once the data is returned from the service
call. I'm assuming directives do not act the same way because the charts
never render. It appears that the directive is passed an undefined value
and fails to render but the view updates as expected.

Is this something that can be remedied by processing promises prior to
have tried setting the data model (i.e., $scope.model.data) by calling the
service then chaining $promise.then() callback without success. I'm new to
promises and do not understand all applications to solve my issue (if this
is the case).

Any help is appreciated. I have a thread opened on
StackOverflow<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20692357/flotcharts-not-rendering-with-angularjs/>as
 well as a
jsFiddle <http://jsfiddle.net/paulmc/H6Y5c/>. Note, the jsFiddle is good
for showing my code but cannot reproduce the issue because I don't know how
to make async calls. I attempted to return data from Github but this has
been unsuccessful.

I recently upgraded from v1.0.7 to v.1.2.5.

Thank you,

Paul