Or to put it another way: I'm thinking about the light controller, not the
lightblubs.

1) the concept of a 'lightblub' is very appealing.

2) on balance, I think I agree with Michael slightly more than
with Toerless. Even though this use case is strictly outside the
Anima charter, I think we'd look very silly if the autonomic security
bootstrap could cope with routers and application devices such as
autonomic energy management boxes, but not with lighting controllers.

Abstracting from the device naming, I agree with Brian and Michael.
There is no guarantee though how blubs can evolve in the future.

Peter