Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> > If we want to extend the scope of BRSKI to cover BYOD on insecure
    >> > WiFi, I
    >> > think that's for some other WG.

    mcr> I don't know if it's for another WG or not, but Owen's document deals
    mcr> with this... I'm not sure I'd call it "BYOD", exactly... Bring a
    mcr> not-yet-Owned Device, that you'd like to Own, and get pOwned.  And
    mcr> the WiFi is insecure, because the device doesn't (yet) have accesss
    mcr> to the secure WiFi.

    > Indeed. But I really don't see why ANIMA would handle this.

If you say that it's out of scope for bootstrapping-keyinfra, then I agree.

I think that it is in scope for ANIMA to specify a way to build and bootstrap
ACP tunnels over wifi, USB and BTLE (RFC7668).  We want to do this because
it provides a way for devices in cabinet A of a datacenter to find their
partners in adjacent cabinet B. Yes, there might be a 100G fiber between
them... but it might be mis-installed, and/or the lambdas might be wrong,
etc.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [