Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-anima-asa-guidelines-05: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-asa-guidelines/

COMMENT:

Firstly, thanks to Menachem Dodge for the OpsDir review:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-anima-asa-guidelines-04-opsdir-lc-dodge-2021-12-13/
- they are always helpful.

Also, thanks to the authors and WG for such a clear and readable document.

I do have a few (non-blocking) comments:
Introduction:
O: "The net result should be significant improvement of operational metrics."
P: "The net result should be significant improvement *in* operational metrics."
C: I suspect that my proposed change doesn't actually fix my concern :-) To me,
the original wording makes it sound like the result is an improvement in the
metrics *themselves*, not what the metrics are reporting / representing.
Perhaps something like "The net result should be significant improvement in
operational performance" would be better? It's also entirely possible that it
was just that it's just me, so...

O: "In this document, we use an explicit multi-threading model to describe
operations." C: I think that adding something along the lines of "This is done
to illustrate the concepts; implementations are free to use whatever features
and methods achieve the results" or similar. Perhaps something like this could
actually be added to the previous sentence ("Different programming environments
support asynchronicity in different ways.")? I've often seen implementers look
at the pseudo-code / requirements, and then just start coding from that,
without stopping to consider if their tooling provides features / paradigms
that do accomplish the same thing, but better (e.g complex even driven systems
when goroutines / channels would be more idiomatic).

O: "5.  Design of GRASP Objectives"
C: This is sort of a meta comment (/potentially a larger topic) -- the title of
the document is: "Guidelines for Autonomic Service Agents", and the abstract
says "This document proposes guidelines for the design of Autonomic Service
Agents for autonomic networks." But, much of the content (including this
section) feels like it isn't *really* about the design of the ASA, but more of
general guidelines for AN / GRAPS / etc. I fully agree that it is useful
content, but perhaps the title of the document should be changed, or the
non-ASA guidelines bits could all just be put in a new document?). Note that,
as with all of my comments, this is just a comment / thought / suggestion (I
won't be sad / offended if you disagree / reject it)

Thanks again,