On 24-Jul-23 18:26, Fries, Steffen wrote:
Hi Brian,

There is ongoing work in the ANIMA design team about the extension of the
discovery information for a registrar, to contain more information about
specific features of the registrar. We currently identified:
- the operational mode: registrar as responder (as in RFC 8995) or pledge as
responder (as in BRSKI-PRM)
- the enrollment protocol: EST as in RFC 8995) or CMP (as in BRSIK-AE) or
future adaptations
- the voucher format: CMS-signed JSON (as in RFC 8995) or JOSE-signed JSON (as
in JWS-Voucher used in BRSKI-PRM

The discussion is to define TXT key value pairs for DNS-SD, and use this
approach also for GRASP.

Yes, but you can map them in CBOR just as draft-eckert-anima-grasp-dnssd
already describes. (Think JSON but code CBOR.) My only real concern is how to
extend the objective for the AN_join_registrar. It seems lame to use plain text
when a JSON-style map would be much nicer for the programmer. My prototype code
for grasp-dnssd has to parse DNS records to change them into Python maps. But
once that's done, sending or receiving them as CBOR is trivial.

Best regards
Steffen