We're having a range of good and important work threads on github, and as much
as i love
the automatic threading and later easy review of github, as a WG chair i still
have to worry about us complying with IETF rules as well as concerns of ADs and
participants.

If we do not copy these discussions to the WG mailing list, then we would AFAIK
need to
summarize them later to the mailing list (which nobody does, who is already
exhausted
from havin lived through the work discussion and happy to have arived at a
conclusion),
and/or summarize the results during an IETF WG meeting - which people have
complained about
as taking too much time.

So, i am always happy in taking recommendations how to best rectify this type
of issue.
I am of course always a believer in better tooling, but i wouldn't know if/how
we would
best copy e.g. relevant parts of the github discuss to the mailing list. For
important
messages on the github, it would for example be lovely to create a copy to the
mailing
list by some simple mechanism, such as @anima-wg or the like, but i don't there
is such a way.
Or is there ?