Hi,

It has become clear to me that the latest windows binaries for the following
R packages

    * package adehabitat and its dependencies
    * package rgdal and its dependencies
    * package gpclib

have been build under R version 2.12.1. Therefore they will not work with
older R versions
(e.g. because of that ade4 could not be attached). I noticed after
downloading these packages that in their lib folder there
are also a i386 and a x64 folder in which their dll is situated. That makes
sense, because the latest
version of R also has in its bin folder this choice for the 32 or 64 bit
Windows versions to use i386 or x64.

I tried to copy the dll for each package to its lib folder (one folder level
higher) to make it available for my present version of R.
For the first packages this seemed to work, but after I did it for all I got
the following
warnings in R and consequently I was not able in QGIS to get my home range
analysis output.

Warning messages:
1: package 'adehabitat' was built under R version 2.12.1
2: package 'gpclib' was built under R version 2.12.1
> local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available = TRUE)))
+ if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
Error in registerS3method(Info[i, 1], Info[i, 2], Info[i, 3], env) :
  trying to get slot "methods" from an object of a basic class ("NULL") with
no slots
In addition: Warning message:
package 'rgdal' was built under R version 2.12.1
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'rgdal'
> local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available = TRUE)))
+ if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
Error in registerS3method(Info[i, 1], Info[i, 2], Info[i, 3], env) :
  trying to get slot "methods" from an object of a basic class ("NULL") with
no slots
In addition: Warning message:
package 'rgdal' was built under R version 2.12.1
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'rgdal'

I think the way to get it to work is to use the old binary packages for
adehabitat (incl. ade4),
rgdal (incl. sp) and gpclib, which have worked for the previous version of R
(<= version 2.10.0).

But where can these old windows binary packages be downloaded? For those of
you still working with an older version of R and a working Home Range
plugin, please zip your R packages (and dependencies) and make them
available for download.

Otherwise I guess somewhere in the code of the plugin there should be other
paths pointing to the i386 and x64 folders to get it working with the latest
R version for windows.

I hope this all made sense.

Best wishes,
Addy