Hi,

I was wondering if the bug that was fixed mid-last-year to make "--diff"
work correctly with blockinfile can be backported to 2.3.x?  It is in 2.4.x
but I can't upgrade to 2.4.x yet because it dropped support for Python 2.4
servers, and I still have ~35 RHEL5 systems that I need to support --
probably until the end of this calendar year.  Using a 3rd-party Python
doesn't really work with a lot of things like Yum.  I use blockinfile a
lot, but makes me nervous to always push-out changes without being able to
see what will actually change in a dry run first in check mode.

This is the bug:
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/23198

Thanks,

michael