When I'm trying to develop my play books while offline on my laptop (using
vagrant for my Ansible provisioned server) I'm seeing really long hangs on the
GATHERING FACTS task (as in the order of 3-5 minutes). After it eventually
times out (best guess) it proceeds as normal and everything works properly.

Any idea if this is expected behavior for Ansible? I need some of the variables
from the setup methods so I can't just turn off the fact gathering
unfortunately. Just curious as to what might be trying to call "home" or "out"
that could cause such a long hang when offline...

Thanks,

Steven