It was deleted because it was considered flamebait and was based on some
invalid assumptions, and Chris and I have since discussed and are in a
happy place.

I had initially replied because it was an open letter to the list, without
realizing that it didn't make it to the list, and there was no since
leaving up the nice reply to a thread on Google when the original didn't
actually hit.  This was my fault in not realizing I didn't have to reply.

Let's work on constructive ways to improve ansible rather than worry about
this sort of thing.

If folks take issue with this, please reply to me personally, and we can
have a discussion in more detail, but out of respect for those involved, I
would prefer to not discuss that in public.

I recognize there are some different cultural ideas about how lists should
work, and there will be disagreements, but I don't like to leave such
threads around as they just breed negative feelings when we want to keep
focusing on the real goal of this project -- making systems easier to
manage.