Ok, thanks for info.

Probably something that should be addressed on yum's end as we do need the
latest information to decide whether to run certain commands or not.

While it is possible to just run the command and report back what it
changed (or didn't), that's not Ansible's way when it can avoid it, and
also prevents some check mode capabilities.