Hi,

I'm trying to get the simplest *Dynamic Inventory* to work, but it doesn't
work because *Ansible interprets it as .ini* :

    $ ansible-playbook -i hosts.py play.yml
    ERROR: *Invalid ini entry*: sys - need more than 1 value to unpack

Here is the code in *host.py*:

import sys

if len(sys.argv) == 2 and (sys.argv[1] == '--list'):
    print """{
    'local': ['127.0.0.1'],
}"""
elif len(sys.argv) == 3 and (sys.argv[1] == '--host'):
    print '{}'
else:
    print "Usage: %s --list or --host <hostname>" % sys.argv[0]
    sys.exit(1)

I can run it and I am pretty sure that it returns what it should, as
presented in the documentation
<http://docs.ansible.com/developing_inventory.html>, and according to the
example there <http://jpmens.net/2013/06/18/adapting-inventory-for-ansible/>
.

For the playbook, I'm also using the simplest possible. Here is *play.yml*:

- hosts: all
  connection: local
  tasks:
    - name: Can I run this playbook?
      debug: msg="Yes!"

*It runs properly* when I don't use the host.py file:

$ ansible-playbook -i 127.0.0.1, play.yml
[ output not copied here - it's all fine ! ]

(note the comma, which enables to run a playbook by directly indicating a
host's address, as per here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17188147/how-to-run-ansible-without-specifying-the-inventory-but-the-host-directly>
.

I'm stuck there.