Hi

I hope this is the right place to post this. I
reported https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/9242 a few days ago and
I still have issues after it was closed. I'll give a similar example to the
one I gave in the issue, but using vars_files and adding one more usecase:

inventory:

localhost ansible_connection=local
[all:vars]
var=one

vars_file:

var2: "{{var}}"

mapping:
  one: 1
  two: 2

playbook:

---
- hosts: localhost
  gather_facts: no
  vars_files:
    - vars_file
  vars:
    value: "{{mapping[var]}}"
  tasks:
    - debug: var=var
    - debug: var=var2
    - debug: var=value

command:

    ansible-playbook -i inventory playbook.yml -e var=two

output:

TASK: [debug var=var]
ok: [localhost] => {
    "var": "two"
}

TASK: [debug var=var2]
ok: [localhost] => {
    "var2": "one"
}

TASK: [debug var=value]
ok: [localhost] => {
    "value": "1"
}

In older versions (1.5.5 is the one I test with), the third (mapping)
usecase is working properly, but the second does not. In the latest dev,
both don't work

Thanks!