I recently just went through a similar process. I ended up deploying a TFTP
server using Ansible which included the Ubuntu Netboot PXE boot image to
provision new VMs. Using this method along with some shell scripts to help
along the way has worked out great for me. I will also be uploading more of
the playbooks that go along with this solution. Below is a link to my
github which is where I will be placing the playbooks. Right now the shell
scripts are there if you want to take a look.

https://github.com/mrlesmithjr/Ansible