Since my host_var and group_var s are not getting used since I updated
ansible to the latest git checkout last night, I decided to put the
variables directly in my inventory file.
Now it seems like they might be getting read, but now I get this error:
ImportError: cannot import name makedirs_safe

This was just trying ansible win7 -m win_ping

win7 | FAILED! => {'failed': True, 'exception': 'Traceback (most recent
call last):\n  File "/home/ansible/ansible/lib/ansible/executor/proc
ess/worker.py", line 118, in run\n    executor_result = TaskExecutor(host,
task, job_vars, new_connection_info, self._new_stdin, self._loade
r, shared_loader_obj).run()\n  File
"/home/ansible/ansible/lib/ansible/executor/task_executor.py", line 107, in
run\n    res = self._execute
()\n  File "/home/ansible/ansible/lib/ansible/executor/task_executor.py",
line 211, in _execute\n    self._connection = self._get_connection
(variables)\n  File
"/home/ansible/ansible/lib/ansible/executor/task_executor.py", line 395, in
_get_connection\n    connection = connection
_loader.get(conn_type, self._connection_info, self._new_stdin)\n  File
"/home/ansible/ansible/lib/ansible/plugins/__init__.py", line 271, in
 get\n    self._module_cache[path] =
imp.load_source(\'.\'.join([self.package, name]), path)\n  File
"/home/ansible/ansible/lib/ansible/plug
ins/connections/winrm.py", line 47, in <module>\n    from ansible.utils
import makedirs_safe\nImportError: cannot import name makedirs_safe\
n', 'stdout': ''}