Hi,

I'm having a similar problem since pulling the latest (d681113) revision in
git. I'm not relying on ansible_ssh_host though, my trace output is
identical to Michael's win7 host.

Attaching the epdb debugger I outputted the value of name, which just prior
to the error had the value:

<ansible.plugins.shell.powershell.ShellModule object at 0x1ab2dd0>

which looks to me to be an object's memory reference rather than a string
(I'm no python developer though, so I'm taking a punt based on other
language experience).

looking at the source of ansible/lib/ansible/plugins/action/__init__.py, it
looks like the powershell ShellModule is being pulled off the
connection._shell property. I added (a probably incorrect test) to see if
shell_type was a string, in which case I called the shell_loader, otherwise
I directly assigned the shell_type to self._shell.

if isinstance(shell_type, basestring):
        self._shell = shell_loader.get(shell_type)
else:
        self._shell = shell_type

Suspect that this'll break a bunch of other stuff, but it appears to be
working for the moment. I figured that I'd push this out here as Brian
looks to be far better qualified to say either way.
~Dan