I'm starting to run playbooks automatically via a push server. Basically
emulating what you can get with Puppet. As part of that, I'd like to send
the output of my cronjob playbooks into my ELK stack. Which is hard to do
when the default output is so unreadable.

Here's effectively what I want to get: http://pastebin.com/eVVcLfKn

Basically, a log entry per task per host.

>From what I've seen googling around, the way to do this is via a callback
plugin. So I looked
at https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/plugins/callbacks/log_plays.py
and got lost. My Python skills are very low, and apparently my general dev
skills are currently not up to the task.

I tried modifying log_plays to just dump the data variable raw, but I keep
running into errors....

Any tips?

Has anyone already solved this problem?