With some work I have almost exactly what I want. See:
http://pastebin.com/G819PEZY

Questions: The status of that restart apache 2 task should be "CHANGED",
since it actually did change during the play run. But it seems like the
value for changed tasks is always "OK". Is there a way to change that?

--David Reagan