That is the idea, I have 2 licenses but I only keep my live server register
at all time.  I have a backup and desktop server.   YEs, I want to register
and unregister the backup and the desktop just to get the latest updates
but the desktop is my test/play desktop server

I was trying that on only on desktop server server and it was failing
because of the conf having an error..

It keep giving me the error messages that I put in the first message, and
then I did it a 5th time and it said that I had a syntax error in the conf
file but the difference is that I thing the last time I ran it, I did it
with '-vvvv'

Thanks,

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Marcus Franke <marcus.fra...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> did you check for the error message from the failed task? This looks like
> an error message from you satellite server you were trying to unregister
> from and not like an ansible error.
>
> Register, update, unregister sounds like you are trying to save licenses
> for your servers and the error sounds like the satellite server knows about
> this ;-)
>
> Néstor Flórez <rot...@gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 11. Aug. 2015 16:59:
>
>> I am trying my first ansible playbook and I want to register to red hat
>> and do a
>> yum update and then unregister using the rhn_register modules
>>
>> The first 2 tasks are working but the last task to unregister fails:
>> ------------
>>
>> PLAY [linux]
>> ******************************************************************
>>
>> GATHERING FACTS
>> ***************************************************************
>> <192.168.1.150> REMOTE_MODULE setup
>> ok: [192.168.1.150]
>>
>> TASK: [RHN register]
>> <192.168.1.150> REMOTE_MODULE rhn_register state=present username=rhnuser
>> password=VALUE_HIDDEN
>> ok: [192.168.1.150] => {"changed": false, "msg": "System already
>> registered."}
>>
>> TASK: [yum update]
>> <192.168.1.150> REMOTE_MODULE yum name=* state=latest
>> ok: [192.168.1.150] => {"changed": false, "msg": "", "rc": 0, "results":
>> ["All packages up to date"]}
>>
>> TASK: [RHN Unregister this server]
>> <192.168.1.150> REMOTE_MODULE rhn_register state=absent username=rhnuser
>> password=VALUE_HIDDEN
>> failed: [192.168.1.150] => {"failed": true}
>> msg: Failed to unregister: <Fault 1003: 'The following systems were NOT
>> deleted: \n1039724772'>
>>
>> FATAL: all hosts have already failed -- aborting
>>
>> PLAY RECAP
>>            to retry, use: --limit @/home/myuser/yum_update.retry
>>
>> 192.168.1.150               : ok=3    changed=0    unreachable=0
>> failed=1

Né§t☼r  *Authority gone to one's head is the greatest enemy of Truth*