I would bet the module is trying to set the hostname using the
features of the old Centos' init system, then fails since it has
transitioned to systemd. Can you set the hostname manually with a
'command' action calling hostnamectl? You could also try the modules
from the 2.0-rc releases or git to see if this was already fixed
there.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Joanna Delaporte
<joannadelapo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I updated to Ansible 1.9.4, and I still have the same issue on both target
> hosts.
>
> On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 2:44:02 PM UTC-6, Joanna Delaporte wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am getting the following error while attempting to run a Galaxy role
>> that was published for EL 7. My target host is an AWS EC2 instance running
>> CentOS 7.0.1406. The only info I have found about this error was an issue
>> report on GitHub closed in 2014...and I haven't found anything else online.
>> Is there a configuration issue I am missing?
>>
>> Error:
>>
>> TASK: [gregswift.ipaserver | Hard set the hostname]
>> ***************************
>> failed: [ipaddress] => {"failed": true}
>> msg: hostname module cannot be used on platform Linux (Centos linux)
>>

>> Host distro details from setup:
>> "ansible_distribution": "CentOS",
>>         "ansible_distribution_major_version": "7",
>>         "ansible_distribution_release": "Core",
>>         "ansible_distribution_version": "7.0.1406",
>>

>> Ansible version:
>> $ ansible --version
>> ansible 1.9.3
>>   configured module search path = /usr/share/ansible

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/4632e3af-f7c2-4f93-b73e-db147196884f%40googlegroups.com.

Ivan Sichmann Freitas