>From the traceback you showed in your original message, it looks like
somehow you have an old version of the yum module being used with the
current rc1 for /usr/bin/ansible-playbook.  items = pkgspec.split(',')
from the traceback message is no longer present in the yum module.
Perhaps there's some old version of ansible present on the machine and
its yum module is overriding the one from rc1 or you have the
ANSIBLE_LIBRARY environment variable set to some path where an
alternative yum module is living.

-Toshio