On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Joanna Delaporte
<joannadelapo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Toshio,
>
> ANSIBLE_LIBRARY is unset.
>
> $ ansible --version
> ansible 2.0.0
>   config file = /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg
>   configured module search path = /usr/share/ansible
>
> With a little investigation, I see the long listing of
> /usr/share/ansible/packaging shows all files with a date of April 2014, even
> though one level up they are all dated 11/23/15.
>
> A couple days ago, I did an untar, make, make install of the package. Today,
> I attempted to reinstall pip because I was having these issues:
> pip install --upgrade
> http://releases.ansible.com/ansible/ansible-2.0.0-0.6.rc1.tar.gz
>
> And just now I did a pip force reinstall:
> # pip install --force-reinstall
> http://releases.ansible.com/ansible/ansible-2.0.0-0.6.rc1.tar.gz
>
> The module files are still all the old ones from April 2014. How do I get
> the updated module files?

The modules are now installed in the ansible library directory
(something like /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ansible/ ... varies a
little bit depending on the distribution that you are running).  The
files in /usr/share/ansible are likely from an old install.  I'd try
this:

$ sudo mv /usr/share/ansible /usr/share/ansible.bak

If you can then run your playbook/ansible commands and it still finds
its modules (hopefully now the up-to-date modules ;-)  then you should
be able to rm -rf /usr/share/ansible.bak

-Toshio